We provide fun, challenge and adventure to
over 400,000 girls and boys across the UK
a a a  A A
Member resources

Externally led

How to offer mine exploration using an external provider

This information is also available in the factsheet FS120086: Externally Led Activities Index.

2. Check if an AALA license is required

Yes an AALA licence is required.

3. Minimum qualification required by instructor

BCA Local Cave and Mine Leader (LCMLA) Level 1 or 2, or Cave Instructor Certificate (CIC) including Mines module depending on the mine and techniques required, or the provider is Adventuremark Accredited. where Mine Exploration falls outside the requirement to hold an AALA Licence (see point 3).

4. Check the provider has public liability insurance

5. Check if further insurance is required

No further insurance is not required.

6. Check if HQ needs notifying

No you do not need to contact HQ about this activity.

7. Put an InTouch system in place

8. Obtain approval for the activity

© Copyright The Scout Association 2020. All Rights Reserved.
Charity Numbers 306101 (England and Wales) and SC038437 (Scotland).
Registered address: The Scout Association, Gilwell Park, Chingford, London, England E4 7QW